[rrd-users] Accumulative power usage graph

gm_sjo saqmaster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 21:28:08 CET 2009

2009/2/21 Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl>:

> Looking good, albeit a bit high.  If you think 500W is the true power
> consumption, then OK. Else make sure you aren't confused between what you
> think you are storing and what you are actually storing here. I'm talking
> about units.

Thanks Alex. Yes 500W is about right for my average load (workstation,
server, media centre, some heating sometimes etc).

> The problem here is that you define a day as midnight local time to midnight
> local time.  This is not how RRDtool works. The problem is bigger when you
> start talking about months and quarters.
>
> Unless you are willing to look at more normalized intervals (midnight UTC to
> midnight UTC, intervals of 30 days starting at well defined moments in time,
> and so on) you cannot display more than one of such interval at a time.

I'll look into it. I was aware it uses unix timestamps so i'll see
what I can come up with. It doesn't need to be super accurate, i'm
just trying to get a reasonable comparative figure to what my
electricity company thinks i've used :-)

Thanks