[rrd-users] text in graphs shows up as squares

pyro dohanc at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 01:10:58 CET 2009

So I'm not usually the best person to be answering questions, but I'll give
this one a shot since I was getting boxes the other day and managed to fix
it. But beware - I could be completely wrong! My problem at the time was
that I was missing the etc/pango/pango.modules file altogether (for other
reasons).

The pango.modules in my etc directory is ASCII, and the
/bin/pango-querymodules is a binary file so I doubt you want to copy one to
the other.

I would try re-building pango which should hopefully recreate the
etc/pango/pango.modules?

Here's a sample pango.modules file:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/error-in-the-creation-of-etcpangopango.modules-260513/

You could also try following the links in the pango.modules file to make
sure they are valid locations.