[rrd-users] More comfortable chart display

alix-r r.ty at rbty.de
Sat Jan 24 20:24:29 CET 2009

Hello,

I don't want to complain about the way RRDTOOL displays recorded data. I'm
explicitly quite
happy with all the options  RRDTOOL offers!

Nevertheless, I'm looking for an other tool which can display the stored
data (I converted them to XML)
in a more comfortable way.

The reason is , I'm logging about 30 temperatures over a period of 3 month
any minute. The data base
is organized that way, that I can get all one minute temperatures over the
hole 3 month. My problem
now is to select a certain time area of my interest and zoom it, so I can
identify the results of
certain external events. That is a bit difficult to realize with RRDTOOL
GRAPH and quite time-consuming.
(provided I used the right features of that really powerful tool).

Does anybody know a tool which allows to display a XML data set generated by
rrdtool , in a way  I could
quickly move to a certain time position and quickly zoom in the area around
that position ? I would
prefer a tool running on Windows, but Linux would also be ok.

Thank you very much.

Robert