[rrd-users] Help with creating an rrd-db

Yashodhan deshpande yashodhan at infineta.com
Mon Jul 20 19:31:11 CEST 2009

Hi Koenraad,
     The DS that you have chosen is COUNTER, which essentially means that it
is supposed to be an ever increasing number and RRD would store the rate per
second in the database. You mentioned that the values hardly change between
two updates, that would explain the small values getting logged in the DB.
Try using GAUGE instead as the typr of the DS.

 Regards,
Yashodhan