[rrd-users] Using 64bit RRDs on a 32bit machine?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Wed Jun 3 10:03:21 CEST 2009

Per Jessen wrote:

> Alternatively, I guess I can build the 32bit version elsewhere and
> copy it to my 64bit systems.

Just in case in anyone should run into the same problem - I ended up
following Tobis suggestion of just copying the 32bit libraries and
executables to my 64bit systems, and using those. Seems to be working
just fine.

Btw, I completely appreciate the difficulties in cross platform support,
but I can't help wondering if a shared format or some sort of
compatibility-mode might not be very useful for IA32/64.  If there is a
performance impact, it could be made a compile option.

/Per Jessen, Zürich