[rrd-users] Stack valuates together to a daily bar

Bart Van Der Meerssche bart.vandermeerssche at jokamajo.org
Thu Jun 11 09:59:39 CEST 2009

Hi Marc,

you can achieve this by creating multiple RRA's in one RRD, e.g.
rrd create ... -s 60
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:120
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:15:192
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1440:60
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:10080:520

will store
120 entries with a 1min interval
192 entries with a 15min interval
60 entries with a 1day interval
520 entries with a 1week interval
for you.

Then run:
rrdgraph ... -s -1week ...

RRD will select the highest resolution available that covers the entire
interval to plot on the graph. In this case, it will fetch data from the
1day RRA.

To see this code in action for my home electricity usage, surf to
www.flukso.net

Cheers,
Bart.