[rrd-users] Legend Alignment

brettb brett.bronson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 22:06:03 CEST 2009

I'm sorry I cannot unblur the text there, all data is classified.

I'm actually making ok progress with this on my own now. I'm generating
these graphs through python and I'm appending a whitespace (\t) variable at
the end of the LINE depending on the length of the limit group items. It
seems to be working the way that I want as of right now. Is there any way I
can draw an underline under "Limit Group" and "Average" ?

I was reading in the tutorials that you can do underlines but I'm not sure
how to do this for a
self.FlagList.append ("COMMENT:\"Limit Group                 Average\c\"")

you can view it at:  http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8997/alignhelp.jpg
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8997/alignhelp.jpg

code for white space:

for currentEntry in self.GraphEntries:
	#white space
	additionalTab = "\t"
	if len(currentEntry.Name) > 10:
		additionalTab = ""

	whitespace = "\t\t" + additionalTab

Then for each appended graph entry, I'm adding the whitespace to the end of
LINE's legend text to push the GPRINT over.

without controlling the white space, any entries under Limit Groups longer
than 10 characters shifts the average over by one extra tab.