[rrd-users] Generate rrd graph in real time

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Wed Jun 24 16:09:47 CEST 2009

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 at 8:15 am, Rob Conway penned
about "Re: [rrd-users] Generate rrd graph in real time"

> Frankie,
> I am not a web guru and tried to get a few times to get php installed with
> the library and failed.  I gave up and simply used a bash cgi script.  The
> trick for me was to send the output to >dev/null as the rrd graph gives an
> output of trend size which stuffed up sending the file back to the web page.
> When I rebuild my server and upgrade rrdtools I shall again try a php
> library.

Hi,

To help with debugging, I send the output of my (sh) CGI to the caller
in the form of an HTML comment:

pablo at cinema-912-[bin]: ./rrd_weather graph_general_month_m

<!-- Calling RRD
781x301
781x179
787x179
781x159
781x227
-->
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)