[rrd-users] Uses for RRD besides graphs...

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Jun 25 20:54:38 CEST 2009

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 at 11:43 pm, Joshua Toyota penned
about "[rrd-users] Uses for RRD besides graphs..."

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has used RRD(Tool) for anything besides
> generating graphs.  At the moment, I am working on a project where I
> need to pull up data based on different time periods, (today, this
> week, this month).  However, the way I am presenting the information
> isn't in a graph.  Has anyone done anything similar to this?

Hi Jearsh,

I'm using RRD to store weather information.  Typically I graph the
data however I have thought that I could quickly fetch old data for
certain periods without having to graph the data:  what was the
min/max on such and such day?

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)