[rrd-users] rrdtool unable to create rrd database files

Larry Sabados (IT) LSABADOS at bordersgroupinc.com
Wed Mar 11 21:25:31 CET 2009

Hello-

I'm new to larrd and rrd and I have an issue with a newly-installed
rrdtool.  I installed compiled rrdtool version

RRDtool 1.2.13  Copyright 1997-2006 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
               Compiled Jun 13 2006 11:14:25

I then compiled the larrd, version 0.43e

...on an AIX 5.3 machine.  I'm trying to use it with Big Brother to
provide trend graphs.

I have everything configured properly (as far as where to put the rrd
file, and such, but when the bbnet-larrd.pl attempts to create the rrd
file it fails with

bbnet-larrd.pl: ERROR creating /web_logs/bb/bbvar/rrd/blah.tcp.conn.rrd:
can't parse argument '/web_logs/bb
/bbvar/rrd/blah.tcp.conn.rrd'

Anyone have any experience with this kind of error?  Thanks.

Larry A. Sabados
Borders Group Inc
IT Tools & Automation
Work (734) 477-2829