[rrd-users] Best way to combine and graph

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Mar 19 00:25:09 CET 2009

Hello,

I apologize if a practice like this is readily known -- I wasn't able to
find anything on it.

I have started collecting user resource (CPU, Memory, etc) usage on a shared
server. Each resource goes into a user-specific rrd file such as
user1-cpu.rrd, user2-memory.rrd.

What I would like to do is be able to read in all usage files, sort by
highest, and then graph only the top users. So if I have 100 users, I want
to be able to determine and report on the top 20.

Is this possible to do natively in rrdtool or will I need some scripting
work to glue everything together?

Thanks
Joe