[rrd-users] Segmentation faults

Dez Cadena dez at otenet.gr
Tue Mar 24 15:46:56 CET 2009

I had similar issues after upgrading RRDTool to 1.3.6 (from 1.3.4). The
issue was not resolved when I switched back to 1.3.4 (weird).
I tried debugging mrtg  ("mrtg
--debug=cfg,dir,base,tarp,snpo,fork,time,log" cfg_file) and it seems
that the fault occurs during (probably right after) RRDs::update :
--log: RRDs::update(/../mrtg/mem.rrd, '1237905535:70616:1050928')
Segmentation fault

my setup: RRDTool 1.3.6, MRTG 2.16.2  (both compiled from source) on FC9

I tried updating the RRD via command line (rrdtool update N:val:val) and
had no problems. I'll post a reference to this in the MRTG list also.

p.s.: I'm also monitoring the thread in the developers list.