[rrd-users] rrd for application monitoring

Liehann Loots liehannl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:44:54 CET 2009

Hi Tobias,

My previous response should have been replied to the list, my
apologies for the direct response.

I also wanted to clarify - I wanted to roll up metrics into 1min,
5min, and 60min buckets, then graph metrics for the buckets over
several hours / days. rrdtool already does pretty much everything -
calculating averages, percentiles etc., which made it really
appealing, but if, as you said, its not the right tool, then so be it.

If anyone knows of a tool that can do these kind of metrics I would
appreciate a link. So far everything Google returns seems to be backed
by rrdtool, a sign that its a good tool I suppose :-)

Regards,
Liehann