[rrd-users] rrd for application monitoring

Liehann Loots liehannl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:58:39 CET 2009

Hi Tobias,

Just to make sure I'm understanding your suggestion:

The pre-processing step would aggregate data for the step size. It
would compute any desired aggregate data, like averages and
percentiles. The rrd table would then contain datasources for each of
the aggregate values.

I took a second look at the docs and tutorials and think I have a
better understanding of how rrd works. I didn't realize initially that
you give it the complete data for a step. I was under the impression
that you could give it multiple values in the step and it would
compute some of the aggregate values.

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Liehann