[rrd-users] rrd_update_r memory corruption

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Mon May 11 14:41:43 CEST 2009

Hi Erik,

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 04:09:20AM -0700, Erik Torres Serrano wrote:
> Hi, I'm having problems with RRDtool and threads. I'm using the Boost C++
> library to handle threads and I'm having a memory corruption error at
> execution time. I'm including the error report at the end of my message. To
> reproduce this behavior, create a new thread and call the rrd_update_r
> function in the new thread.

Could you please provide a sample code snippet that allows to reproduce
this issue? I'm not into Boost myself and I don't want to dig through
the documentation just to be able to reproduce that. Also, the following
information would be helpful to trace back the problem:

 - Does it happen _every_ time when you execute your program? If not,
   it's quite unlikely that it's related to parallel execution.

 - (related) Does it happen as well if you don't use threads?

 - The backtrace that you've provided is not very useful. Do you have
   debugging symbols available for librrd? Do you know how to use a
   debugger to create another backtrace?

 - Did you compile RRDtool yourself? If not, where did you get it from?

Cheers,
Sebastian