[rrd-users] rrdtool backed mrtg using massive amounts of memory

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Fri May 15 05:28:03 CEST 2009

Steven Hartland wrote:
> [...]

I reported a similar "eat all VM" bug a while ago, but got no response.
I can reproduce it trivially trying to restore an RRD file from XML.
1.2.x behaves fine, 1.3.x dies after using > 14 GB of VM and getting
malloc() failures (which it then handles very badly, spewing hundreds of
error lines instead of sensibly exiting or other sane behaviour).

--
Carson