[rrd-users] Trying to build rrdtool 1.4.1 on RedHat EL4

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at openlane.com
Tue Nov 3 00:38:08 CET 2009

[Ulf Zimmermann]

I wished it were so easy ... I got about 250 or so EL4 machines and upgrading them aint gonna happen any time soon.

I was mainly looking at rrdtool 1.4.1 because of rrdcached to be used in conjunction with collectd. Currently we have a large number of virtual machines and running collectd inside of those, each has about 75KB/sec writing due to writing to rrd files.