[rrd-users] Trying to build rrdtool 1.4.1 on RedHat EL4

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Thu Nov 5 02:50:39 CET 2009

Hi Ulf,

I'm going to trim some of the reply and top-post, for brevity ...

Are you able to get the rrdtool 1.4.1 fully working from source compile?

If so, is there any helpful info you could share RE the packages and/or
independent sources you had to install due to pre-existing EL4 versions?

Does it even work from a source compile on a stock EL4 + evolution28 box?

Thanks,

--
William R. Lorenz

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> Using them I continued on trying to build rrdtool. Next stopper was
> rrd_restore.c wanting to use xmlTextReaderGetParserLineNumber when
> printing out errors about importing. This function was defined in
> libxml2 2.6.17, EL4 only has 2.6.16. Got around it by just doing

   [...]