[rrd-users] Can you use the graphed time interval in a CDEF function?

A Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Fri Nov 13 18:41:47 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 07:11:54AM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> If I'm graphing something like this
> http://gargamel.merlins.org/cacti/graph.php?action=zoom&local_graph_id=19&rra_id=0&view_type=&graph_start=1258012800&graph_end=1258099199&graph_height=320&graph_width=800&title_font_size=10

Those labels seem odd to me.  If you're measuring power at a point in
time, wouldn't that be in Kw, not Kwh (a unit of energy)?

> Is there a way to take my average values and auto-multiply them by the time
> range?
> That way if I take avg val * 24H in the graph above it would give me
> Kwh/day.

I don't see why you'd want to depend on the time range of the graph.  If
your graph was 22 hours, wouldn't you still want to see Kwh/day and
therefore still multiply by 24?

If you do want the time range, I think you'd have to graph something
twice.  The first one doesn't have to have all the data, but you can get
the range info from it with graphv.  Then use that information to create
the second graph.

--
Darren