[rrd-users] Text Alignment in Graph Box?

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Mon Nov 23 16:50:45 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 10:43:42PM +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Today Mark Woodruff wrote:
>
> > After reading though several threads and examples, is there any
> > syntax for aligning the text below the graph when
> > plotting multiple DS's with MIN, MAX, AVG? I tried for hours
> > messing with this without much success, I tried using \t \r and
> > of course spaces? Is there something else out there to help out
> > on this?
>
> starting with 1.2 you can use \t but you may want to use the latest
> 1.3 at least since there were a number of bugs in the alignment
> code ...
>
> also you could just use a monospace font

Since you mention this, I have 1.3.1 and alignment is still not working
for me (I tried 4 different monospace fonts).
http://gargamel.merlins.org/cacti/graph.php?action=zoom&local_graph_id=14&rra_id=6&view_type=

For now I just padded 'Current' with a bunch of spaces depending on the
probe to make it look somwhat aligned.

Graph definition:
http://gargamel.merlins.org/cacti/graph.php?action=properties&local_graph_id=14&rra_id=6&view_type=&graph_start=1258976884&graph_end=1258991224

At this point, I don't really need this fixed, but I thought I'd mention it
:)

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/