[rrd-users] Text Alignment in Graph Box?

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Tue Nov 24 00:27:05 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:08:34AM +0100, Reinhard Scheck wrote:
> >> My lines are terminated with \n
> >> Can you look at the definition
> >> http://gargamel.merlins.org/cacti/graph.php?action=properties&local_graph_id=14&rra_id=6&view_type=&graph_start=1258976884&graph_end=1258991224
> >> to see if I'm missing something else?
> >
> > \n is not realy a valid choice (it is only accepted for backward
> > bug compatibility) but anyway, since you are NOT using a monospace
> > font you have to use \t for alignment ... which you don't seem to
> > be doing.
>
> As this is a cacti graph, we should mention that at this point cacti does
> "tabular adjustment" based on monospaced fonts only by "tabbing" with blanks.

I noticed that, but even so I tried 4 monospace fonts and they don't quite
look monospaced as can be seen in the graph above where I end up with a
characters that are half aligned with the characters above and below them.

Is monospace not really monospace afterall?

> I did not yet fiddle around with rrdtool tab chars.
> But if anyone is able to "translate" the rrdtool graph command that it works
> using non-monospaced fonts and tabbing chars, I happily will implement this in
> cacti.
> This is the time to do it for cacti 088!

Is it harder than removing spaces and adding a tab instead?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/