[rrd-users] Text Alignment in Graph Box?

Reinhard Scheck Reinhard.Scheck at team-scheck.de
Tue Nov 24 18:28:08 CET 2009

Am 24.11.2009 08:33, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:46:59AM +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
>>> This was my problem, all the monospace fonts I tried didn't seem to
>>> work as intended, even if I saw a different font when I selected them.
>>
>> the problem is, that since 1.3 rrdtool uses fontconfig ... this
>> means you can not configure fonts by giving their full path. You
>> rather have to have them in your fontcache (try fc-list | less).
>>
>> the lines would have to look like this:
>>
>> --font 'TITLE:12:Courier New'
>
> Yes, that's what I found out.
> This looks like a cacti bug where it tries to pass a font path instead of
> taking a font name.
I'm working on the fix. To be honest, it has been published in SVN already. It
changes the way we verify fonts:
With rrdtool 1.2 present, we will verify font FILE existance.
With rrdtool 1.3, we will use fc-list to verify
You may enter a fontconfig font name with current cacti. It will throw a "file
not found" at you.
If the font name IS correct, you still may use it; so only the verification is
currently broken.
Indeed, this was discussed on the cacti forums lately and it belongs there. The
bug has already been postet (and, as said, was fixed, but not yet published as a
patch).

One question persists: As I'm not using rrdtool on windows, I have no idea how
to verify fontconfig font names with rrdtool 1.2.30, 1.3.x or 1.4 on windows.
How would I do that?

Reinhard