[rrd-users] RRA AVERAGE:0.5:1 undesirable result

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Oct 13 02:15:55 CEST 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 7:11 PM, kssgill wrote:

> Very interesting ... I was relying on sleep(20) for the updates to
> be 20sec apart which caused the average function to adjust the value.

I don't think that sleep was the problem. It probably was right on
most or all of the time. I expect that your problem was that your
start time was off and you were consistently entering the data x
number of seconds ahead or behind your buckets.

	     buckets at 20 40 60 80 100
	data entered at 18 38 58 78 98

--
Marc