[rrd-users] Legend colour box without plot

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Wed Oct 14 11:41:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to plot a coloured 'legend box' without plotting to the graph.
I create aggregate graphs with in/out values for a bunch of entities, in
values first as a stack and then out values as a negative stack in two
different colours. I'd like to place the in and out colours for each
entity together.

http://www.observernms.org/example-1.png

For example, i'd like the legend to be :

[GREENA] [BLUEA] <description>  <values>
[GREENB] [BLUEB] <description>  <values>

The graph is currently built like this :

AREA:inB2976#B6D14B:'GigabitEthernet2/0/0 ':STACK
GPRINT:inB2976:LAST:%6.2lf%sbps
GPRINT:inB2976:MAX:%6.2lf%sbps
GPRINT:totin2976:%6.2lf%sB
COMMENT:' '
GPRINT:outB2976temp:LAST:%6.2lf%sbps
GPRINT:outB2976temp:MAX:%6.2lf%sbps
GPRINT:totout2976:%6.2lf%sB\\n
AREA:inB2985#91B13C:'GigabitEthernet2/0/9 ':STACK
GPRINT:inB2985:LAST:%6.2lf%sbps
GPRINT:inB2985:MAX:%6.2lf%sbps
GPRINT:totin2985:%6.2lf%sB COMMENT:' '
GPRINT:outB2985temp:LAST:%6.2lf%sbps