[rrd-users] Problem converting 32 bit disk-rrd's to 64 bit
hj.beckers at kreis-steinfurt.de
Thu Oct 15 14:43:38 CEST 2009
New to this list. I posted this yesterday on the hobbit/xymon-users list,
no solution so far:
not exactly a hobbit problem, but as I am using rrd only with hobbit:
I am converting my old hobbit/xymon server to a new one Copying just the
results in the message "ERROR: This RRD was created on another
So I used "rrdtool dump <file>.rrd > <file>.xml" on the old
and "rrdtool restore <file>.xml <file>.rrd -f" on the new server. Using
option to rrddump makes no difference. No error messages during the
restore and no
errors when I call the web pages.
The new disk values in the rrd graphs are only 1/10 of the original size,
e. g. a disk which is
82 % filled, shows up with only 8 %.. The text lines generated from the
client data are correct.
Relevant data from the old server:
RRDtool 1.0.49 Copyright 1997-2004 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
Linux ls0003.kreis-steinfurt.lokal 188.8.131.52-24mdk #1 Fri Jan 14 03:01:00
MST 2005 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz unknown GNU/Linux
Relevant data from the new server:
RRDtool 1.3.4 Copyright 1997-2008 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
Linux lscopy02 184.108.40.206-0.1-xen #1 SMP 2009-03-31 14:50:44 +0200 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Screenshots of the old/new hobbit/xymon-webpages available on request (2x
~120K pdfs) "
Following a hint from a hobbit user, I also tried to use a rrdtool in
between the versions above:
dump with 1.0.49 on 32 bit, restore with 1.2.23 on 32 bit, dump with the
on 32 bit, restore with 1.3.4 on 64 bit. No difference. And it effects all
graphs, not only
the disk graphs.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rrd-users