[rrd-users] Installing RRDTool and lib in a home directory

Koaps koaps at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 00:10:32 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm currently trying to install rrdtool and libs into a home directory on a linux server and I got everything done but when I did the 4charts.pl example I got some errors about fonts.

rrdtool did make the pngs with missing fonts.

(process:10884): Pango-WARNING **: failed to find shape engine, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'

(process:10884): Pango-WARNING **: failed to find shape engine, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'

(process:10884): Pango-CRITICAL **: No fonts found:

Question is how do I add fonts and get rrdtool to use em?

I have dejavu-lgc I copied from another system that has rrdtool working, and put them in ~/rrdtool/share/fonts but not sure how to get rrdtool to find them there.

Thanks for any help
-Chris