[rrd-users] Can I fill a hole in an rrd?

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Tue Oct 27 19:15:18 CET 2009

If my monitoring fails, I get a hole in the file until I fix it.

The way to recover right now is:
1) stop rrd updates
2) delete, recreate rrd file
3) spend 20mn+ with a script that replays all my raw data and creates an rrd
update compatible file
4) feed the data into rrd with rrdtool update
5) restart rrd updates.

So, this both sucks for being time consuming and still creates a hole
between the time of the last update in my generated file, and feeding this
back to my newly created rrd file and when I restart rrd updates

Isn't there a way to get rrd update to fill in samples in the middle of my
file since I'm giving unix time indexes anyway?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/