[rrd-users] Can I fill a hole in an rrd?

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Tue Oct 27 22:31:53 CET 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 01:30:14PM -0700, Koaps wrote:
> well, are you doing a xport then restore? or replaying the values using update?
>
> If you xport to xml you can find the timestamp range where the hole is, take the last successful update value and replace all the NaN's in the timestamp range with the last successful update value.

I haven't done that yet since it's a different format than the one I used to
load up the RRD, but my understanding is that it's still kind of the same
problem that I have to stop updates, dump the file, fix it, restore it, and
restart updates, which will give me a hole.

I would really like to just feed the missing data samples in the RRD with
a bunch of
rrdtool update housepower_21.rrd 1242148828:500000853:500000071:500000070:499999218:499999999
commands to feed data samples in the middle of the file (since I'm giving
the time index) and not just at the end.

Is that not possible?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/