[rrd-users] Simple Graph with timeseries data

A Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Tue Sep 8 22:15:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 12:32:56AM -0400, Mag Gam wrote:
> I am very new to RRD and I am trying to follow the tutorial but it
> seems that too is complicated.

Have you tried any of the steps?  What parts have you done and what
parts are confusing you.

> Basically, I am trying to create a simple plot with some time series data:
>
> 9:00AM, 10
> 9:10AM, 33
> 9:20AM, 30
> 9:30AM, 10
> 9:40AM, 33
>

> How can I do this with rrd?

The basic steps are to create an RRD, then you update the file with the
individual pieces of data, then you graph the data.

If you use a GAUGE type and a step of 600 seconds, this should come out
right.  Where are you having trouble?

--
Darren