[rrd-users] rrdtool graph --font on Windows

peter juuls peterjuuls at yahoo.es
Tue Sep 22 00:09:39 CEST 2009

I downloaded the rrdtool 1.2.30 binaries for Windows 32. I can create graphs with nice text below the graph in the default. Unfortunately the font is a proportional font and I want a fixed with font to ensure aligned columns. To get Courier on all text, I added this option to the rrdtool command "--font  DEFAULT:6:Courier". Running rrdtool with this font reported "Failed to load Courier". I ran through a number of other fonts from the fonts list in WordPad, but they all returned the same error message, "Failed to load <fontname>"

Q: How do I select a fixed font on Windows? Do I need to install additional fonts to the Windows default font set? I ran this on 64-bit Windows 2003 server - while rrdtool is 32 bit. Does this present a problem?

Thanks
Best regards
Peter
,