[rrd-users] I cannot update my rrd file.

adasko adasko at ncdc.pl
Sat Sep 5 13:29:08 CEST 2009

I create simple example:
rrdtool create x.rrd -s 60 \
DS:in:COUNTER:600:0:U \
DS:out:COUNTER:600:0:U \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1.1440

Then I added scheduler task to run every minutes to cron:
* * * * * root update_x.rrd.sh

which is:
rrdtool update /path/x.rrd N:$in:$out

and its not works :)

I can see in rrdtool info x.rrd than update are performed but with
ds[in,out].last_ds = "" and update time is updated.
$in and $out are correct, i`v inserted echo $in $out in my update script and
value are shown.
When i run my update script manual, from command line few time rrd file are
update, but its not working from cron, even if first update of rrd file are
performed from cron.

cron runs correct, working script with every minuts but its not working.
What im doing wrong?

adasko