[rrd-users] python rrdtool error -?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Sat Apr 3 01:01:12 CEST 2010

Thanks, my error in writing it up, but I think that the line continuations are optional
in a function call like this, and even adding them, the error is actually there.
Otherwise it would have been a Python syntax error, and not a run-time rrdtool argument error.
(Although I suspect that it is probably something equally silly!)

Here is the code with them, same result:
#  start & end are set to desired times...
rrdtool.fetch( "/usr/local/database/test.rrd",   \
                "AVERAGE", "--start ", str(start),      \
                           "--end   ", str(end)  )
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./checkData.py", line 63, in <module>
    "--end   ", str(end)  )
rrdtool.error: unknown option '-
,

Gregory Guthrie