[rrd-users] question about LSLSLOPE and LSLINT

Marco Frattola m.frattola at youus.it
Fri Apr 9 12:20:07 CEST 2010

Hi to everybody,
I'm trying to use rrdtool (1.3) to graph some trends (mainly for disks,
but also cpu and ram).
I've followed what others have done (i.e. copied every example that I
found) with LSLSLOPE and LSINT, and I thought I got it right.
Graphs seemed to prove I got it right. Thanks to all the people who
provided examples.

Then this weird thing started happening: as I added more data sources,
some predicted dates (reaching 75% o full capacity) looked very odd
(meanining: the date -when reaching the limit- would not correspond to
the graph).

I started changing the end date of the graph and noticed that the base
parameter for the prediction (LSLSLOPE and LSLINT) changed too, which is
something I did not expect to happen. I thought that since those values
are based on real data (i.e. collected data), they would not change if I
extended the graph time in the future (since they are based on data in
the past, and they don't change).
What's wrong? What am I missing?

Thank you very much.