[rrd-users] rrdtool-1.4.3 and ruby-1.9.1

Stanislavb stanislav.bozhkov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 00:53:55 CEST 2010

Hi rrd users,

For the last two days I'm trying to compile/build rrdtool-1.4.3 and use it
with ruby-1.9.1 . It compiles successfully and builds the RRD.so for the
ruby binding. However whenever I try to execute commands by the RRD ruby
module (RRD.update, RRD.create) - I get this error:

wrong argument type Array (expected Struct) (TypeError)

I get this error, when running test.rb:
./test.rb:15:in `create': wrong argument type Array (expected Struct)
(TypeError)

I'm on Ubuntu 9.10(32bit) and tried building against these rubies:
ruby-1.9.1-p243
ruby-1.9.1-p378

Any ideas how can I further bugtrack/bugfix this?