[rrd-users] Use step size in a CDEF

Fredrik Kers fredrik.kers at absilion.com
Tue Apr 13 11:22:06 CEST 2010

Hi!

I have a RRD database with a number of error counters defined as
DS:counter1:ABSOLUTE:60:0:U. The values is stored in the database and
graphed as number of errors/second, but I would like to show the actual
counter values. This can be achieved by multiplying with the step size.

I have seen some examples doing something like this:

CDEF:cur_time=counter1,POP,TIME
CDEF:step=cur_time,PREV(cur_time),-
CDEF:counter1_sum=my_ds,step,*

This works except that the "PREV(cur_time)" for the first value in the graph
will be undefined, and thus also the "step" and "counter1_sum". Is there any
other way to get the step size in a CDEF or is there another way to do what
I want to do?

/Fredrik