[rrd-users] brief question on DS update frequency

Dave Whitehead DaveW at marwell.org.uk
Thu Apr 22 14:19:16 CEST 2010

I have a RRD (step 300 secs) - and one RRA (12 PDP per row). It's a
GAUGE (min 0, max 60000).

If I update this DS *much* more often than 300 secs what effect will
that have - eg maybe every 20-30 secs. Will RRD "sort it out"?

Reason is that although I'm only wanting 5 min resolution on the DS -
the data provider produces output every 20-30 seconds and *stopping* it
doing that is tricky.

Apologies if this is a FAQ - I did do a bit of trawl through the
archives but nothing found.

Many thanks

Dave

Please print responsibly

Marwell Wildlife is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under number 1355272.
VAT No. 631 9661 30. The company is a registered charity, number 275433

Registered office: Marwell Wildlife, Colden Common, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1JH.

Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual, not the company unless specifically indicated to that effect. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient we apologise for any inconvenience. Please return to the sender. Any use or copying is strictly prohibited.