[rrd-users] Python and RRDTool

K.D. Lucas kdlucas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 20:01:59 CEST 2010

I'm currently working on a Python application that will eventually use
RRDTool to draw some graphs based on some statistics that I collect.

I'm wondering if people on this list would recommend using any of the
existing python libraries for RRDTool (it looks like to two most robust ones
are pyrrd and rrdfile):

http://code.google.com/p/pyrrd/
http://code.google.com/p/rrdfile/

But I see many comments about rrdfile leaking memory, so I'm hesitant to use
that one. pyrrd looks ok, but I'm not sure if it would be easier to use that
library or just write my own class with a few methods for creating and
updating my RRDTool files and graphs.

I'd really appreciate anyone's comments about your experience and
recommendations. It seems like there would be a more mature solution for
python at this point, but I'm rather hesitant to use them after having a
brief look at the code.

Regards,

Kelly

--