[rrd-users] how to graph running total?

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 23:08:21 CEST 2010

Hi, I am new to RRDTool.  Need some help making a running total graph, please.

I am graphing a widget factory's production using RRDtool 1.2.27

What I have working:  widgets made per minute, I query this out of the
factory DB
every minute, and store as a GAUGE in an RRD.  I graph it on daily and
weekly graphs.

Now management wants another graph, showing how many widgets were made (running
totals) for today and for the week.  (This should be a monotonically
increasing graph.)

How do I do this?

I could also track the total of number widgets made, as a COUNTER, if
it would help,
I can query that from the factory DB.

If this has been discussed before, please please show me where, all
I've found in the list
archives is "this has been discussed before" but no actual example or
working code.

Best,
-at