[rrd-users] How would you handle this?

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at openlane.com
Thu Apr 22 23:41:48 CEST 2010

I am looking at the logs of our fax servers, which run a card by Eicon. The logfile has information like call direction, which I would want to track as in, out and total, call time (start of call),  call duration and port number plus other information which for tracking purpose I don't care about.

I am thinking about running a script on this to feed into RRD maybe, like once an hour to check the previous hour. But how would you organize this in RRD?

Ulf.