[rrd-users] New system - graphs look fubar

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Apr 28 18:30:02 CEST 2010

Hi Eric,

Today Eric Brander wrote:

> I'm in the process of migrating over to CentOS from Ubuntu and I've
> run into an issue with strange looking graphs. The data is right and
> the graph looks fine there, it's just the legend and text is
> misaligned.
>
> Bad Graph: http://www.rednarb.com/temp/powerpdu-r1c3-a_rrd1m.cfg-_pdu-r1c3-a-combined-6-x3-NEW.png
>
> For comparison, here is what the graph is supposed to look like:
> http://www.rednarb.com/temp/miscpdu-r1c3-a_rrd1m.cfg-_pdu-r1c3-a-combined-6-x3-OLD.png
>
> The new system:
> CentOS 5.4
> Perl 5.8.8
> RRDtool 1.4.2 (was 1.4.3 but downgraded to see if that helped)
> Routers 2.20
>
> The old system
> Ubuntu 9.10
> Perl 5.10.0
> RRDtool 1.4.2
> Routers 2.20
>
> Any ideas?

1. I am pretty sure the 'bad' graph is still generated by 1.4.3
   since the color markers were reverted to squares in 1.4.3

2. Maybe this is an artefact of some 'undefined' formating. Meaning
   that the looks produced by buggin input can chhange widely
   between releases ...  can you show what PRINT lines you use ?

cheers
tobi