[rrd-users] Create RRD: 1 second interval, 3 years of data..

justleen leen.smit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:55:02 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I hope you can help me with setup up an rrd file with which I'm having
problems.

The idea is that I get new values every second, and have a max retention of
3 years.
1 second interval, keep those for three hours.
60 of those for 1 average, keep 4320 of them
60 of those, keep 2160
24 of those, keep 1095...
I thought I had set it up properly, but I ended up with only 4 days worth of
data...

what I used to create the rrds:
DS:cps:GAUGE:5:0:U  \
DS:active:GAUGE:5:0:U  \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:10800 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:60:4320 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:60:2160 \
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:1095 \

Can someone please shed some light on where my thinking is absolutly
buggered (caus evedently it is..)?

Leen