[rrd-users] adding DS values from multiple rrd files?

Joel Brooks jbrooks at oddelement.com
Tue Aug 3 14:54:25 CEST 2010

hey gang,

I'm trying to create a graph that uses a datasource from a number of
different rrd files to show total items in the queue.

I have the graph working, but I want to add a legend item that shows the
total.

right now, the graph (a stacked graph) shows a different band for each
server and the legend displays the text "<server name>  <X>  messages in the
queue".

but how can i add up all the values so i can print "total <X> messages in
the queue"?

i'm doing this on a php page if that helps/matters.  I have a foreach loop
that extracts the ds value for each server in a list.

(rrdtool = 1.3.8)

thanks!

thanks!