[rrd-users] False positives with aberrant behavior detection

Mike Schilli m at perlmeister.com
Mon Aug 16 18:17:02 CEST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Dave Plonka wrote:

> This would be easier for you to understand (why it's doing what it
> does) if you plot the confidence band - i.e., the line above and below
> the hwpreduct value that the observations must exceed to be considered
> a violation.

I feel stupid for asking this, but how do I define the confidence band
and how do I get rrdgraph to print it? The rrdcreate page mentions the
confidence band several times but besides "defining a matching set of
several RRDs" I can't find instructions in there on how to set my
confidence band to a certain width.  It also references rrdgraph where
supposedly there is an example of a printed confidence band, but
searching for "confidence" on the rrdgraph page doesn't yield any
results.

I'll go through the references you've listed (thanks!) as soon as I get
a sec, but if you have a snippet of rrdtool code that uses/prints
confidence bands, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks much, you've been a big help!

-- Mike

Mike Schilli
m at perlmeister.com