[rrd-users] Help - probably a really stupid mistake somewhere ...

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Tue Aug 17 21:16:16 CEST 2010

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 at 3:11 pm, Philip Peake penned
about "Re: [rrd-users] Help - probably a really stupid mistake somewhere ..."

>  I found it, well, at least I found a way to make it work, and have a
> theory as to why.
>
> The problem seemed to be the "timeout" value of 5: DS:value:GAUGE:5:-1:101

Howdy,

The `5' field is not a `timeout', it's the number of data samples.  In
your case, since you're wanting to read one value per interval, you
could have set it to one.  Or increase the frequency of your
collection (e.g. sleep 0.4)

I'd suggest strongly suggest you read Alex's tutorials:

   [ http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/ ]

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)