[rrd-users] [rrd] Can't I turn off data smoothing for GAUGE?

Philip Peake philip at vogon.net
Thu Aug 19 16:07:22 CEST 2010

 Then for a huge class of problems, actually, IMHO, most real world
problems not involving rate of change, its useless.

Tell me how I synchronize a data source to RDD's concept of sample times?
Actually, what is RDD's concept of sample times? How does it determine
the start?
I would assume time starts with the first entry (or is it the time it is
created?).

If its based upon the first entry, I am actually sampling data on a very
regular (well, as regular as sleep() gets), so the stored values should
be pretty darn close to the entered values ... they are not.