[rrd-users] graph command not working for montly graphs AcceptTentativeDeclineObsoleteCalendar AcceptTentativeDeclineObsoleteCalendar

Jurjen Oskam jurjen at stupendous.org
Wed Aug 25 20:38:22 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:42:54PM +0200, Nico Schuijff wrote:

>    Hello all, I have a very strange problem with the graph command:
>    The command doesn't generate monthly graphs, but it does for
>    hourly,daily, weekly and yearly. When I change "-s -2592000" to "-s
>    -3600" or another value for week,year or day it works.
>    an example of a created rrd-db:
>    "C:\Program Files (x86)\RRDtool\src\tool_release\rrdtool.exe" create

I had a very similar (if not the same) problem, see
http://www.mail-archive.com/rrd-users@lists.oetiker.ch/msg15157.html.

Excerpt from that message:

"[...] I do receive an error [in the Windows eventlog]
when rrdtool fails to create a graph. Windows informs me that rrdtool has
crashed, with the error code 0xc0000417. This error code stands for
STATUS_INVALID_CRUNTIME_PARAMETER, with the explanation that "#An invalid
parameter was passed to a C runtime function."

Reading WIN32-BUILD-TIPS.txt, I found this:

> 4/10/05 Tobi
> The windows implementation of strftime does not seem to support
> the ISO 8601 week number (%V) I have therfore included the file
> strftime.[ch] which provides strftime_ ... if you compile rrdtool
> with -Dstrftime=_strftime and link strftime.o then you will
> get propper support for %V.

So, to me it looks like instead of the included strftime, the Windows
version of strftime is used, which doesn't know about %V."

Regards,
--
Jurjen Oskam

Savage's Law of Expediency: