[rrd-users] Different Colours in a single plot

Thomas Lansdale Thomas.Hector.Lansdale at cern.ch
Wed Aug 4 15:28:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

I wish to plot one data source on a graph but colour the plot
differently depending on the value. I have three threshold values to
indicate availability (available, affected, degraded) and they should be
plotted green, orange, red respectively.

I have managed to find a graph that shows something just like this
(generated with rrdtool) but it is unclear how to re-produce this using
the tool. Can anyone offer any insight into this, perhaps an example
command to generate a graph?

The link where I saw the plot is: http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/gallery/
(The graph is: DOCSIS UPSTREAM UTILIZATION)

Thanks so much in advance,

--

Tom Lansdale