[rrd-users] RRDTool not accepting any updates (NaN instead)

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 10:04:40 CET 2010

Fixing top posting and deleting 10k of redundant quoted text ..

Wouter van Eekelen wrote:

>How long will the data be stored for with my arguments? And how
>would I increase that?

Seems this page may be useful to you :
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdcreate.en.html

I'd also suggest you study Alex's tutorials at
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/
In particular, the one on Rates Consolidation and Normalisation.

Without wishing to sound rude or condescending, your queries indicate
that you don't understand the tool very well at all. You will find it
become a LOT easier to understand (and customise) once you know the
fundamentals which are well covered in Alex's tutorials. It does take
some effort to get your head round the way it works initially - it's
a significantly different type of storage to what most people are
familiar with.

--
Simon Hobson