[rrd-users] RRDTool not accepting any updates (NaN instead)

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Thu Dec 9 15:51:19 CET 2010

> Odd, the tutorial mentioned this, which made me believe it would work
> fine:
> 'Whatever you do, make sure the numbers are whole numbers. *Not because
> RRDtool needs it (it doesn't) *but because it makes life easier.'

That was referring to the amount of steps per pixel column, which RRDtool
will be happy to alter for you if needed.

Such 'behind the scenes' alterations, although correct, make it more
difficult to predict what is going to happen, and therefore I recommend to
avoid it.

I'm open to suggestions for new text.

cheers
Alex