[rrd-users] Please help to re-factor an existing graph

absinfo_man absinfo_man at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 13:30:27 CET 2010

Dear Community,

I'm absolute freebie and trying to figure out an issue for a couple of days
with no success.

There is a graph showing new user registrations per day. Whatever I try
brakes the graph. The numbers passed to RRD appear in graph differently (in
fact lowered). I believe this has something to do with consolidation (CF).

The difference much more visible at the end of the day when there should be
the highest number of registrations and right after that should be 0 (as new
day starts).

What would be the correct setup to show exact numbers and what would be
rrdtune options (if needed)?

Current setup:
TITLE registrations-by-day
YAXIS registrations-by-day
DEF:avgrg=registrations-by-day.rrd:registrations:AVERAGE
DEF:avgcm=registrations-by-day.rrd:completed:AVERAGE
CDEF:registrations=avgrg,1,/
CDEF:completed=avgcm,1,/
AREA:registrations#00CC00:reg. started
GPRINT:registrations:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
GPRINT:registrations:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
GPRINT:registrations:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
GPRINT:registrations:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
LINE2:completed#ff1493:reg. completed
GPRINT:completed:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
GPRINT:completed:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
GPRINT:completed:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
GPRINT:completed:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

and dataset definitions:

DS:registrations:GAUGE:600:0:U
DS:completed:GAUGE:600:0:U

RRDtool 1.2.15 (just in case)